[Xen-devel] [questions] Dom0/DomU on ARM under Xen

Hello Stefano and Ian,

I'm trying to run DomU and Dom0 on ARM under Xen and have some
problems (may be question of configuration).

I'm using:
- unstable Xen mercurial repository with your "grant table" patches
and few patches from Ian Campbell (xcbuild,
xen_remap_domain_mfn_range, XENMAPSPACE_gmfn_foreign,  ARM support to
xc_dom).
- your (Stefano's) linux kernel git repository
git://xenbits.xen.org/people/sstabellini/linux-pvhvm.git with head
3.5-rc7-arm-1. I hope all patches to Linux kernel from Stefano letters
are there.
- Fast Models with few models created as described in wiki page
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARMv7_with_Virtualization_Extensions/FastModels
- device trees dts files (vexpress-v2p-ca15-tc1.dts and
vexpress-virt.dts) from Stefano letter on 26 July. v2p-ca15-tc1 is
attached to Xen using CONFIG_DTB_FILE and vexpress-virt.dtb is
attached to DomU zImage.

Well, kernel hangs after message (Calibrating delay loop...) when
running on models RTSM_VE/Build_Cortex-A15x4 and
RTSM_VE/Build_Cortex-A15x2. I attached logs (Dom0-A15x2 and A15x4).
Logs also shows problems with device trees (HBI and arch timer).

I can boot Dom0 on Cortex-A15x1 model (log file Dom0-A15x1 with
warning/problems about DT and HBI) and when i'm tryng to boot zImage
using xcbuild utility then it also hangs with message from Xen "Guest
data abort: Translation fault at level 3". Log file is also attached.

Could you please take a look and help?

May be i miss important config option in Linux kernel or in Xen.

Is it okay that vexpress-virt descibes V2P-AEMv7A platform and not
V2P-CA15? It looks that vexpress-v2p-ca15-tc1.dts includes
vexpress-v2m-rs1-rtsm.dtsi. Could you please also share this file if
it has specific options? And what can be reason of errors about
HBI/arch_timers when running Xen+Linux
kernel+vexpress-v2p-ca15-tc1.dts on Cortex-A15x2 model?

I can provide/send other info if you want. Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Alexey Klimov.