[Xen-devel] ATI VGA passthrough and S400 Synchronization module

>On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 04:05:20PM +0000, Aurélien MILLIAT wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm currently trying to use XEN on graphical cluster.
>> VGA passtrough works fine and I'm able to use quad-buffer for active stereo.
>> The last thing to do is to synchronize all GPU from the cluster.
>> For this purpose I use ATI FirePro S400 and it didn't works.
>>
>> I've seen two behaviors:
>> -When I run lspci command on Dom0 I've got:
>> 0f:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Device 6888
>> 0f:00.1 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc Cypress HDMI Audio [Radeon HD
>> 5800 Series]
>> And sometimes just
>> 0f:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Device 6888
>> -When a DomU(Windows 7) is running, it's very slow (I can't do anything) and
>> crash after several minutes.
>> I've tried with the unstable version and I've seen the same 'lspci' behavior.
>>
>> I've a couple of questions:
>> Is it possible to passthrough a VGA with this extension?
>
>I never tried. I just pass in the VGA card and don't try to pass in the HDMI
>driver.

I've tried this, usually the computer reboot without any informations in logs.
Sometimes XEN raise an error because the VGA can't be passed.

>> As it's a particular use of VGA passtrough is it planned to able to use
>> synchronization module?
>
>So what is synchronization module for you? That is the HDMI part?

No, as it's an extension that is directly plug on the VGA card, it's seems that
XEN isn't aware of it.