Re: [Xen-devel] live migration with hvm type vm

Please don't cross post. I have moved the development list to BCC since
this question isn't really in topic there.

On Wed, 2012-08-15 at 17:02 +0100, topperxin wrote:
> hi all
>       A quick question: Can I do the live migration with HVM type VM?
> on the open source xen?

Yes.

>       Maybe, on the xenserver, live migration can only done on the PV
> vm.
>       Why?

Probably to reduce the size of the support envelope or something like
that.

If you have questions about XenServer then they are best addressed to
your Support rep or to the XenServer forums.

Ian.