Re: [Xen-devel] Debian kernel 3.1 onwards fails to boot on Xen domU

On Thu, 2012-08-16 at 00:29 +0100, Deepti kulkarni wrote:
> I am trying to debug the debian bug for Xen
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=656792.
>

> The domU debian machine (HVM and PV) fails to bootup and redirects to
> initramfs prompt. The error is "Unable to find a medium containing a
> live image system".
>

>  I did a cat on proc/modules. Looks like the xen drivers are not
> loaded.
>

> A modprobe of xen_blkfront doesnt help the bootup either.
>

> Any workaround suggested. Debian Kernel 3.0 work fine.

There are several suggested workarounds and diagnostics to try in that
bug log -- have you tried them?

That said I'm not necessarily convinced your issue is related to that
bug, which was quite PVHVM specific (yet you mention having the problem
on PV too).

If none of the suggested workarounds help then I would suggest making a
full bug report (with logs etc) as described in
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Reporting_Bugs_against_Xen

In particular full guest logs and a description of the installation
method which you used would be useful.

Ian.