Re: [Xen-devel] Can't see more than 3.5GB of RAM / UEFI / no e820 memory map detected

On 23/08/2012 08:27, "Jonathan Tripathy" <jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks, Pasi.
>
> A couple of questions:
>
> I'm guessing xen.efi (from 4.2) just replaces grub??
>
> Also, if I were to apply that patch from superuser
> (http://serverfault.com/questions/342109/xen-only-sees-512mb-of-system-ram-sho
> uld-be-8gb-uefi-boot),
> would have have any bad consequences? I'm very security conscience as
> the DomUs are untrusted...

Firstly, the same effect *should* be had by adding no-real-mode to your Xen
command line. So try that first.

Secondly, it is arguable that we should patch Xen to prefer "Multiboot-e820"
over "Xen-e801".

And yes, overall if you have a UEFI BIOS then using UEFI Xen is probably
best of all :)

 -- Keir