Re: [Xen-devel] ãproblemãWhy can't modify mac addr in the saved state file to restore a vm with the specific mac addr?

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 3:19 PM, éç <aware.why@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,
  `xl save domid saved-state-file` will generate a saved state file which consists of three parts: vm configuration, memory dump and qemu state info.
 ÂÂ
  So, I try to modify the `vifspec` in vm configuration for a different mac addr, and modify the 6-bytes mac in the rtl8139 section of the qemu state info.

  But when restoreing by the modified saved state file, although I restarted the network within the vm, I couldn't get the specific mac addr , it's still the original mac.

 ÂWhy should this happen? ÂIt's odd.

Thanks

In `xm restore` way , the same method above can achive the expected goal.
What happened to that?