Re: [Xen-devel] fixed location of share info page in HVM guests

On Tue, Aug 28, Keir Fraser wrote:

> How about we guarantee that guests can use the 1MB in address range
> 0xFED00000-0xFEDFFFFF for whatever mappings they like, guaranteed unused (or
> at least, mapped with nothing useful) when guest kernel starts?
>
> This is already, and has always been, the case. But we can etch it in stone
> quite easily. :)

0xFED00000UL is appearently the hpet base adress. But if there is room
after that, then lets use that. However, I'm not familiar with these
things. Should the area appear in the E820 map as reserverd? If so,
where is the code which configures the guests E820 map?

Olaf