Re: [Xen-devel] Upgrade to xen-unstable-rc4

On Fri, 2012-08-31 at 10:44 +0100, Sander Eikelenboom wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> It seems my upgrade to rc4 of xen-unstable went pretty smoothly ... only two
> things i noticed so far:
>
> - Had to disable startup of xend by hand, perhaps a bit strange if it's
> deprecated ?

I can't for the life of me find the bit of Xen's build+install system
which actually enables the initscripts. My installation notes include an
explicit step to do this, but I build and deploy on different machines
so perhaps I miss out on part of the usual infrastructure.

Are you sure this isn't part of your packaging or surrounding scripts?
Or perhaps just left over rc?.d symlinks from before you upgraded?

> - Messages i haven't seen in dmesg with xen-4.1.3 in combination with 3.6-rc?
> kernel:
[...ducks...]

> For the rest, all my domains and pci-passthrough seem to be working :-)

Excellent new! Thanks for the report.

Ian.