Re: [Xen-devel] xend/xm on 4.1/4.2 on Fedora (FC17)

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 02:08:49PM -0700, Dan Magenheimer wrote:
> Is there a how-to for starting/running xm/xend on Fedora (FC17)?
> Is it different for Xen 4.1 and 4.2?
>
> I did find this:
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Common_Problems#Starting_xend_fails.3F
> but it doesn't seem to help.  And this:
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Fedora_Host_Installation
> only addresses xl.
>
> I expect I need to do something manually to start xencommons or
> something like that but obvious things don't seem to work,

How are you running this? When you boot up does it work? Or is this not
working after your restart xend couple of times?

> and I'm not a FC17 expert at all.

service xend start

But you also need to enable it if it wasn't enabled using systemd.
The syntax was something like (look at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SysVinit_to_Systemd_Cheatsheet)

systemctl enable xend.service

(thought it might not be called xend but something else).