Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.2.0-rc4 bugs with GigaByte H77M-D3H + Core i7 3770

>>> On 04.09.12 at 09:59, Javier Marcet <jmarcet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> The big issue I'm having running xen is that I can't use it since xen can't
>>> get the cpu capabilities.
>>
>> What "cpu capabilities"? I just looked at your original mail again,
>> and I cannot see what failure you're referring to (in fact, I'm not
>> able to spot any failure in that log at all). And of course you didn't
>> even attach a hypervisor log. What am I missing?
>
> These are all the xen and virt-manager logs:
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12579112/hypervisor.log
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12579112/qemu-dm-Windows7.log
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12579112/virt-manager.log
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12579112/xen-hotplug.log
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12579112/xend.log
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12579112/xend-debug.log
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12579112/xenstored-trace.log.gz
>
> In the virt-manager logs you can see an instance of kvm and an instance of
> xen.
> See the difference in the cpu capabilities detected.

Sorry, no, I can't. I don't see any trace of KVM in there. Also I
fail to see how this relates to the wording of the subject of
this thread.

> As far as the hypervisor goes, the only error logged is:
>
> (XEN) sh error: sh_remove_all_mappings(): can't find all mappings of
> mfn xxxxxx: c=c000000000000002 t=7400000000000001

That doesn't look good, but I can't tell you much about it. I
wouldn't expect you to use shadow mode anyway on a Core-i7 -
are you intentionally turning off HAP for your guests?

Or is all of this thread really about virt-manager shortcomings
rather than problems in Xen (in which case you likely picked the
wrong mailing list)?

Jan