[Xen-devel] Xen 4.2 RC4 test on Debian

Hi, I tried to install Xen 4.2 RC4 on Debian Wheezy.

I followed the instructions here:
<http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_4.2_RC2_test_instructions>

./configure
make world
make deb

then sudo dpkg -i --force-overwrite dist/xen-upstream-4.2.0-rc4.deb

I used --force-overwrite so that I didn't have to uninstall my libxenstore package on which several other things depend.

then sudo update-grub

I rebooted and selected Xen 4.2

# xm
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/xm", line 5, in <module>
    from xen.xm import main
ImportError: No module named xen.xm

# xl list
libxl: error: libxl.c:87:libxl_ctx_alloc: Is xenstore daemon running?
failed to stat /var/run/xenstored.pid: No such file or directory
cannot init xl context

# service xen start
Not running within Xen or no compatible utils ... (warning).

Doesn't seem to work terribly well, and I cannot find any instructions on how to fix those problems.