Re: [Xen-devel] Any news or plan about Xen support the APU

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 8:27 AM, Bei Guan <gbtju85@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Konrad,
>
> Thank you very much for your reply. I'm not hitting any issues.
>
> AMD's APU is a new kind of processing device, which integrates a CPU and a
> GPU on the same die. I want to know whether Xen has supported the
> virtualization of the APU processors? If yes, I can run something
> applications in the Xen PV VMs to use this kind of new CPU device.

AFAIK at this point AMD APUs are simply CPU + GPU. Even though they're
in the same die, they're basically different devices. So for the GPU
part, treat it like any other GPU. Which means you could PROBABLY
passthru it to ONE domU, but that's it.

AMD's plan for the future is make a chip which can function as CPU or
GPU as needed, but that hasn't happened yet.

--
Fajar