Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 13677: regressions - FAIL

On Wed, 2012-09-12 at 11:08 +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:
> > Is it outside the realms of possibility that the guest has managed to
> > limp along with the RTC being broken in some subtle way and only
> > eventually trips up when we come to shut down?
>
> That's certainly not impossible, but afaik Linux doesn't play with
> the RTC unless told to by user space

I did wonder about an /etc/init.d/hwclock type thing, but I think that
would have run much earlier than this point.

>  (whereas Windows, as we
> know from the reporter of the problem that triggered putting
> together these changes, does on its own at least under certain
> circumstances, yet the Windows tests all go through fine).
>
> Certainly this is the most likely candidate for having broken
> something, and hence would be the prime candidate for reverting.
> But before doing so, I'd want to see at least another run's results.

Ack. I'm installing a RHEL6.1 HVM guest anyway, since it's handy to have
one in my pocket.

The bisector also ought to make short work of this number of changesets.

Ian.