Re: [Xen-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Final release candidate for Xen 4.2.0

Keir Fraser writes ("[Xen-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Final release candidate for Xen
4.2.0"):
> A final RC has been tagged in the xen-4.2 branch:
> http://xenbits.xen.org/hg/staging/xen-4.2-testing.hg (tag '4.2.0-rc5')

I have made a tarball in the traditional style, with included copies
of both relevant versions of qemu.  (In 4.3 we should arrange to be
able to make a tarball version which doesn't download anything, and
the machinery for doing this should be in-tree.)

The tarball is here:
  http://bits.xensource.com/oss-xen/release/4.2.0-rc5/xen-4.2.0-rc5.tar.gz
  http://bits.xensource.com/oss-xen/release/4.2.0-rc5/xen-4.2.0-rc5.tar.gz.sig
Comments welcome (particularly about how the tarball version is
constructed).

> We plan to call the 4.2.0 release on Monday, with no further modifications.
> So please test this "GA preview"!

As Keir says.  If all goes well the 4.2.0 release will have a
functionally identical tarball.

Thanks,
Ian.