Re: [Xen-devel] System reboots while installing a guest Windows

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 05:26:49PM -0800, adrian adams wrote:
>    Hi,

Hello,

>    For doing a project, I am using xen (version 3.1.0) from source code.

Why such an old version of Xen? Even if you needed Xen 3.1.x,
why not use the latest release in 3.1.x branch?
3.1.0 is the initial release, not the latest in 3.1.x branch.

Consider using Xen 4.1.3, or the soon to be released 4.2.0.

>    When I want to  install the guest  system (using i.e.  xm create
> w2k3.hvm),  my
>    whole system reboots and nothing else happens.  I do not know how to  find
>    out what is wrong with my xen installation.
>    I will appreciate if some one helps me to solve this problem.

Which dom0 kernel are you using?

You need to set up a serial console, so you can capture and log the full
boot time messages for troubleshooting..

-- Pasi