Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.3 development update

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 5:58 PM, George Dunlap
<George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> = Feature tracking =
>
> Below is a list of features we're tracking for this release.  Please
> respond to this mail with any updates to the status.  If the status
> is "?", as most of them are, please respond with the status!  Example
> statuses include "not started", "in progress", "initial implementation
> submitted for review", "patches submitted".

> * Default to QEMU upstream
>  - qemu-based stubdom (Linux or BSD libc)
>    owner: anthony@citrix
>    status: ?
>    qemu-upstream needs a more fully-featured libc than exists in
>    minios.  Either work on a minimalist linux-based stubdom with
>    glibc, or port one of the BSD libcs to minios.

status: in progress

>  - pci pass-thru
>    owner: anthony@citrix
>    status: ?

Support for passthrough a PCI device is done, unless I miss something.
LibXL in Xen 4.2 support it, but qemu-xen in 4.2 does not. Right now,
only the last release of QEMU (1.2) support pci passthrough with Xen.

Also, to use QEMU upstream as default device model, we need implement
few more feature. I have:

- enable dirtybit tracking during migration
  status: patches submitted to QEMU and to LibXL.
- xl cd-{insert,eject}
  status: intilal implementation submitted

Thanks,

--
Anthony PERARD