Re: [Xen-devel] Xen + DVB = not working. memory allocation issue?

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 01:02:23PM +1000, John Krstev wrote:
> Hi Konrad,

Hey John,

Please next time also include xen-devel on the To header. I've done that
for you.

> I refer to your patch at:
> http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-01/msg01927.html
> which I found reading
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/xen/devel/256197
>
> I have a winfast DVT 2000H (cx88) DVB card which is not able to
> scan/watch digital TV when running under Xen.

Did you first try running it under baremetal Linux (using a Live CD for
example?) Did it work there?

How does it not work? Can you program it? Is this under a guest or the
main kernel? When it wsa not working, did you try all the debug
options enable (http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/XenSerialConsole) to
 see if there is anthing being reported?

> I've tried installing the above patch to the 3.6-rc6 kernel, but did
> not seem to help.
>
> Apologies if this has been asked before (I wasn't able to find another
> patch), but is there a patch to get this (suspected vmalloc_32) fixed
> and DVB card working?

Eventually yes.

> FYI I'm running 64 bit 3.5-rc6 and xen 4.3-unstable.

3.5-rc6 or 3.6-rc6?
I presume the latter?