Re: [Xen-devel] Xen4.2 S3 regression?

>>> On 25.09.12 at 16:22, Ben Guthro <ben@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I went back to an old patch that had, since it was in this same function
> that you made reference to:
> http://markmail.org/message/qpnmiqzt5bngeejk
>
> I noticed that I was not seeing the "Breaking vcpu affinity" printk - so I
> tried to get that
>
> The change proposed in that thread seems to work around this pinning
> problem.
> However, I'm not sure that it is the "right thing" to be doing.

As said back then, the original change looks a little suspicious,
and hence reverting it is certainly to be considered.

However, I don't see yet how this is connected to you having
a problem only with pinned vCPU-s.

But - with S3 working again (with the change here) or originally,
did you ever check whether post-resume Dom0 vCPU-s would
still be pinned? I suspect they aren't, and hence addressing the
crash may likely be achieved by properly restoring the pinning.

Jan