Re: [Xen-devel] Xen ACPI S3 for Dom0 patch

On Wed, Oct 03, 2012 at 03:15:25PM +0400, Peter Zotov wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have discovered your patch which fixes ACPI S3 for Xen Dom0 at LKML,
> namely this one:
> http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1112.2/00450.html
>
> I've built the corresponding branch in your kernel.org repo
> (devel/acpi-s3.v10),

I am not sure what you are saying. Did you cherry-pick the patches
or did you built from that branch?
> but it seems that the bug is still there: the machine hangs at any
> suspend
> attempt. Unfortunately I don't have builtin serial ports and thus
> cannot provide
> Xen or kernel debug messages.

There was a Xen hypervisor issue.

> It also doesn't seem like the patch was merged to the mainline.

Correct.

> What's the current status of the issue?

Well, there was a lot of talk on xen-devel about Xen hypervisor having
issues with resume. Did you look at that? Did you look at the whole
thread?

Also CC-ing xen-devel here.