Re: [Xen-devel] Is: Xen architecture document. Was: Re: Is: axe read_tscp pvops call. Was: Re: [RFC] ACPI S3 and Xen (suprisingly small\!).

On 10/19/2012 08:48 AM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
>> paravirtualized architectures out there which are perfectly well
>> documented and supportable, but Xen has resisted doing that for
>> years, and all we ever get are vague future promises.
>
> There is no resistance - and it is being done. Every month we document
> various APIs, man-pages, etc so that knowledge won't be lost. The
> end-result of that is to create a PDF similar to the PowerPC architecture
> document.
>
> I have not been pointing you to it, b/c as of right what we have is
> raw data (various header files growing in size) that keep on growing.
> I need to hire/cajole an editor to help us get from the "raw" brain
> dump to a book and some sense of milestones/schedule or whatever one
> does in the book-world.
>
> And Peter, just in case it is not clear, every suggestion you make is
> appreciated and taken seriously. If there are things that have been
> dropped or forgotten by me - please remind me.

Right... so for those who don't know, this is something I have discussed
with Konrad over the course of the last several years.  It is good to
know progress is happening.  It is late, of course -- this should have
happened before Xen was integrated -- but we can't change the past.

        -hpa