Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] Fedora 17 Dom-U booting issue

On Sat, 20 Oct 2012, Pasi KÃrkkÃinen wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 12:03:47AM +0530, kk s wrote:
> >    Hi,
> >    Looks like the serial='pty' parameter already passed which doesn't work.
> >    Though I can't add do 'loglevel=8 initcall_debug console=ttyS0,115200
> >    debug' since its Xen HVM and without booted the VM we can't add anything
> >    in grub.conf file.
> >

> Open the VNC console for the HVM guest and edit grub settings / kernel
> parameters?

If the disk image is in raw format you can also mount it in dom0, using
lomount if it is a file or kpartx if it is a physical device.

On the latest version of Xen you can even mount non-raw disks in dom0,
simply calling xl block-attach on them, specifying 0 as the target
domain.