Re: [Xen-devel] libxl drivers for libvirt?

On 24/10/12 19:11, Jim Fehlig wrote:
* What kind of Xen support for libxl is in the libvirt development
branch, and do you have an idea when full support for 4.2 (at least,
including migration, suspend/resume, &c) might be available?
Nothing has changed in git master over what is available in 0.10.2, but
we are now starting to pick up this work.  Our priorities are to first
get the libxl driver compiling against 4.2 and all of the existing
functionality that works with 4.1 working with 4.2, followed by closing
the feature gap with the legacy xen driver, and finally closing the
feature gap with the qemu driver where it makes sense.  This is
obviously quite a bit of work and any help would be appreciated :).

BTW, we don't have any motivation to add features to the 4.1 version of
the libvirt libxl driver.

That sounds like a good plan. For 4.1, xend is still the default toolstack, and libxl is a "tech preview"; for 4.2, xl is the default toolstack, and (if I understand correctly) we're officially going to be supporting the libxl interface in a backwards-compatible way from here forward.

It seems to me that if you have trouble supporting both libxl 4.2 and libxl 4.1, that it might be better just to drop 4.1 support and focus on 4.2. Ian Campbell / Jackson: Thoughts?

 -George