Re: [Xen-devel] [patch] x86, xen: fix build dependency when USB_SUPPORT is not enabled

On Thu, Nov 01, 2012 at 08:04:58PM +0000, Jan Beulich wrote:
> >On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 10:42:30PM -0700, David Rientjes wrote:
> >> CONFIG_XEN_DOM0 must depend on CONFIG_USB_SUPPORT, otherwise there is no
> >> definition of xen_dbgp_reset_prep() and xen_dbgp_external_startup()
> >> resulting in the following link error:
> >>
> >> drivers/built-in.o: In function `dbgp_reset_prep':
> >> (.text+0x1e03c5): undefined reference to `xen_dbgp_reset_prep'
> >> drivers/built-in.o: In function `dbgp_external_startup':
> >> (.text+0x1e0d55): undefined reference to `xen_dbgp_external_startup'
> >
> >There is another patch that needs to be Acked and picked up by
> >Greg KH that fixes this.
> >
> >Let me poke Jan Beulich to repost it with the appropiate Acks.
>
> It's been picked up already, but another dependency problem was found with
> it (due to not having used CONFIG_USB_SUPPORT as dependency, as I had
> first submitted).

Oh. I missed that part - so do you think that this patch should also
be used? Or do you think there is another way to fix this?

I am in transit right now so I can't prep a patch (and the laptop I've
is extremely slow to even do a test compile).