Re: [Xen-devel] How to activate all VPCUS for a domU?

Hi,

Apologies for earlier spamming the xen-devel list but this message might be relevant as I think there is a bug in xm/create.py where 'vcpu_avail' option doesn't get properly set.

I manage to solve the issue of activating all of the vcpus by apply a modified version of the patch earlier discussed:

http://old-list-archives.xen.org/archives/html/xen-users/2010-09/msg00353.html

The following patch fixed the issue for me and after this bitmask value was activating required vpcu's read from the xen configuration file. Prior to that, vpcu_avail was always set to '1' (also verified from 'xenstore-ls -f' output).
--- create.py
+++ create.py.af

         if maxvcpus and vcpus:
             config.append(['vcpus', vcpus])
- config.append(['vcpu_avail', (1 << vcpus) -1)])
+ config.append(['vcpu_avail', getattr(vals, 'vcpu_avail']) def add_conf(n): if hasattr(vals, n):
Regards.
Omer