Re: [Xen-devel] compound skb frag pages appearing in start_xmit

On 19.11.2012 16:43, Sander Eikelenboom wrote:

> Thursday, November 15, 2012, 3:31:42 AM, you wrote:

>>> Right, I just want to be reproduce the issue so I can know I've fixed it
>>> properly ;-)
>> Hi Ian,
>
>> I can reproduce this BUG_ON when running netperf/netserver test between
>> two domus running on the same dom0. The domu and dom0 all use v3.7-rc1.
>
>> When I tried to rebase my persistent grant netfront/netback patch on
>> latest kernel, netperf/netserver test never succeeded. I did some test
>> to find out that v3.6-rc7 works fine, but v3.7-rc1, v3.7-rc2 and
>> v3.7-rc4 does not succeed in netperf/netserver test. So I keep my
>> persistent grant patch only based on v3.4-rc3 now.
>
>> Konrad thought about commit 6a8ed462f16b8455eec5ae00eb6014159a6721f0 in
>> v3.7-rc1, and suggested me to test your debug patch in netfront. This
>> BUG_ON happens soon after running the netperf/netserver test case.
>
>> Thanks
>> Annie
>
> Is there any progression with this bug (rc6 is out the door, so the release
> of 3.7-final seems to be eminent and this bug completely cripples any
> networking with guests) ?

+1 on that. I was testing yesterday with a PVM domU running 3.7-rc5 on Xen 4.2
(but also reported from EC2 running Xen 3.4.3) c with one VCPU. I actually can
trigger it by just ssh'ing into the domU (from another machine) and then run
"find /". Output starts to stutter and then stops completely. When this happens
a new connection still can be made and as long as only shorter output is
generated the ssh connection is ok. From a dump taken it looks like user-space
is waiting in some select call (without any warnon I rather won't see the tx
path).

-Stefan