Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC/PATCH v2] XENMEM_claim_pages (subop of existing) hypercall

Oracle uses xm and a proprietary toolstack.  I don't normally
work on the toolstack (and other Oracle folk that do are tied up
with a release right now)... I can probably come up with an
xm/xend patch but I expect an xm/xend patch won't be well-received.

> In any case, while the hypervisor side changes look acceptable,
> I'm afraid that without (mostly) convincing (almost) all of the
> maintainers, there's no perspective of this getting committed.

Thanks very much, Jan, for your repeated reviews and I'm
very pleased that you think the hypervisor patch is acceptable.

I was under the impression that the hypervisor was supposed
to be toolstack-independent.  I think I've thoroughly explained
Oracle's real customer need here... if advocates of other
toolstacks don't understand it, it's not from lack of my
trying.  (More words have been spilled on this topic now than
possibly any other 200 lines in Xen!)

If other maintainers wish to impose their toolstack requirements
on other vendors' toolstacks and/or block hypervisor enhancements
that don't fit with their idea of a toolstack's needs,  I
suppose that is a question that will need to be raised to the
Xen Advisory Board, and that is above my pay grade.

Happy (U.S.) Thanksgiving!
Dan