Re: [Xen-devel] ATS and dependent features

>>> On 30.11.12 at 13:29, "Zhang, Xiantao" <xiantao.zhang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It doesn't "solve" the problem in that sense: As said, the code in
question only has callers in IOMMU code, which itself is dependent
on !XEN in our kernels (just to make clear - I'm talking about forward
ported kernels here, not pv-ops ones). So upstream probably just
has to live with that code being dead (at the moment, when run on
top of Xen) and take the risk of there appearing a caller elsewhere.
In our kernels, by making these options also dependent upon !XEN,
we can then actually detect (and actively deal with) an eventual
new caller elsewhere in the code, thus eliminating any risk of bad
interaction between Dom0 and Xen.

Jan