Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Extending numbers of event channels

>>> On 04.12.12 at 10:30, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The amount of space needed for levels 1..N-1 ought to be pretty
> formulaic for any N, so we could choose to require that enough space be
> available after vcpu_info for levels 1..N-1?
>
> With larger N that might become multiple pages, is that a problem? It
> might be preferable to have an explicit call which takes potentially
> non-contiguous addresses.

Yes, that was my point about space restriction. The current
registration call allows only for a single page.

Additionally, if we add something variably sized to vcpu_info,
I don't think we should make this immediately successive - that
would prevent fixed size extensions in the future. Instead, we
should have the guest tell at what offset from the base of the
structure the bitmaps start.

Jan