[Xen-devel] The neverending load increase....

  • To: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Carsten Schiers <carsten@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 23:06:02 +0100
  • Cc: Xen Devel Mailing list <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 22:06:59 +0000

Hi Konrad,

Yes me again, the guy with the double bounce buffering problem with the DVB card when using more than

4GB of RAM and PVOPS.

If you are still interested: gues what do you think what happened between 3rd and fourth on riker? Yes,

I switched to PVOPS ;o).

Xen Domain Utilization

So, I am currently on Xen 4.1 with 3.6.7 PVOPS Kernel for Dom0 and riker. Before the increase, I was using

an old-style kernel, no other changes in Domain.

Compared to last time we checked on it, I switched mainboard, CPU (AMD->Intel), and now have 16GB.

So just in case, we would like to check on it further, please feel free to advise or patch a kernel and I

am more than happy to try out.

I use the PVOPS kernel now because of some glitches when recording and I want to test whether they persist

on PVOPS. I am going to switch to Xen 4.2 soon, because I want to modify the scheduler with the new parameters,

as I guess the Domain doesn’t get enough attention, there are 3 PCI cards for it…

If this is not interesting, please simply let me know, it’s not really an issue, it’s more for curiosity.

BR,

Carsten.