Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.2.1 live migration with qemu device model

--On 11 December 2012 19:24:54 +0000 Stefano Stabellini
<stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It would be great if you could implement QEMU qcow2 snapshotting support
in libxl, so that everything can happen seamlessly using a variation of xl
save/restore.

I'd guess that isn't hard. We already have QEMU qcow2 snapshotting support
on qemu-xen working via direct calls to QEMU - I think it 'worked just like
kvm'. I seem to remember there is some fiddling to do with an open fd number
in qemu for the live rebase, and some limitations (for instance I couldn't
see how to do a consistent snapshot of the same device presented both pv
and emulated under HVM - which is theoretically an issue if you have
one partition mounted one way and one the other).

--
Alex Bligh