Re: [Xen-devel] Driver domains and device handling

On Tue, 2012-12-11 at 19:46 +0000, Roger Pau Monnà wrote:
> just launch Qemu, and if we decide to use an in-kernel initiator we only
> have to launch a hotplug script with something like: iscsiadm -m node -T
> <iqn> -p <ip:port>.

isn't there also a iscsiadm login which is needed at some point?

In any case almost any iscsiadm command has the potential to be slow
compared to the amount of downtime we would like to aim for during a
migration.

> I'm sure there's people on the list with more experience than me on this
> field, and I would like to ask for some use-cases where this
> "preparatory" phase would be useful, and what actions will be performed
> on it.

Might we worth including xen-api in this discussion since the xapi guys
have a fair bit of knowledge of the requirement here.

Ian.