Re: [Xen-devel] Only CPU0 active after ACPI S3, xen 4.1.3

See if the attached patch helps.
This was a patch I forgot was still in my queue, that Jan had some objections about (though I don't recall specifically what they were)
I had found that the scheduler was removing all cpus during suspend, and this seemed to help with that, IIRC.

That said - I'm starting to be forced to look back into S3 issues, as while I thought they were all resolved, they are not.
I have an Ivybridge laptop that I didn't have back in May that exhibits some issues very similar to those that I was trying to solve with Jan in the thread I pasted above.

This particular machine goes to sleep, and when it resumes, the disk light flashes briefly, and then the sleep led goes back to pulsing.

Not much to go on, at this point.

/btg

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Marek Marczykowski <marmarek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 04.12.2012 14:27, Marek Marczykowski wrote:
>> wrote:

>>> Is it possible to use libxl from xen 4.1 with newer hypervisor? My libxl is
>>> somehow patched and porting it to newer version will require some effort.
>>
>> I don't think so, but I also don't think you need a libxl at all for the
>> purposes here (dealing with S3 is a Dom0-only thing).
>
> I've tested xen 4.2 hypervisor (without serial console) and also rebooted
> during resume. But it works with xen 4.1.2, so the problem was introduced
> between 4.1.2 and 4.1.3. Will try to get console messages from xen-unstable -
> perhaps this will give some hints.

It still doesn't work on xen 4.1.4, system reboots at resume. Same on
4.3-unstable (today).
Can you give me some hints about using EHCI debug port? I've found some info
on coreboot page[1]. Is there any way to use it without NET20DC device?
According to lspci my controller have debug port capability.

[1] http://www.coreboot.org/EHCI_Debug_Port

--
Best Regards / Pozdrawiam,
Marek Marczykowski