Re: [Xen-devel] dynamically set bandwidth limits of a virtual interface

On Thu, 2012-12-27 at 08:46 +0000, Rohit Damkondwar wrote:
> Hi all. I want to set bandwidth limits to a virtual interface
> dynamically(without restarting virtual machine). I have been browsing
> xen source code 4.1.3. I looked into libxen folder(xen_vif.c) and
> hotplug(linux) folder. Earlier in xen 3.0 , xenvif struture
> (driver/net/xen-netback/
> interface.c + common.h) and tx_add_credit function could be used to
> modify rate limits. I want to change bandwidth limits dynamically of a
> virtual interface in xen 4.1.3. Where should I look for in xen 4.1.3?
>
> Please help.

Xen vif has a parameter called 'rate', I don't know whether it suits
you.

Also, you can have a look at external tool like tc(8). My vague thought
is that Vif is just another interface in Dom0, tc(8) should be able to
traffic-shape Vif.

Last but not least, patches are always welcomed. ;-)

Wei.