Re: [Xen-devel] S3 resume issues

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 10:31 AM, Ben Guthro <ben@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The actual wakeup vector is wakeup_start in xen/arch/x86/boot/wakeup.S

I'll take a look at this, thanks for the pointer.

I've tried putting a "ud2" instruction at the start of wakeup_start - and the machine doesn't seem to crash.
I also tried a divide by zero in the same place, just for good measure.

It would appear that this wakeup_start is not getting executed on resume.
Presumably, the BIOS is causing the disk, and CDROM LEDs to flash, while enumerating the bus.

A difference between Xen 4.0.y and 4.2.y seems to be the removal of the boot trampoline fixed address, that much of this is calculated as an offset of.
Could an error in this path cause such a behavior?

/btg