Re: [Xen-devel] Update Seabios on xen-unstable

On Fri, 2013-01-04 at 11:58 +0000, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
> Can be enabled the reconstruction of the bios tables with seabios
> instead of mantain hvmloader tables or is necessary hvmloader tables for
> correct domU working?

The hvmloader provided tables are the correct ones to use. This is the
same as the coreboot model where coreboot provides the tables to
SeaBIOS.

AFAIK the SeaBIOS tables are a qemu/kvm-ism.

> I want try if seabios tables solves the problem.
> If yes what I must change on seabios code for test it?

Yes, substantially.

I very much doubt it will make any difference to whatever issue you are
having and would be a waste of time.

I don't think your issue will be solved by trying random things like
this anyway. If you are interested in fixing this then you are going to
have to dive in and try to understand the code well enough to figure out
what is going wrong.

Ian.