Re: [Xen-devel] pygrub/hvm boot with alternate script= for block devices

On 21/01/13 11:14, James Dingwall wrote:
> On 2013-01-21 09:56, Roger Pau Monnà wrote:
>> On 19/01/13 16:46, James Dingwall wrote:
>>> I am doing some experimentation with xen and Ceph and have a problem
>>> booting my guest when my disk = [] uses an alternate block script.
>>> Installation from a .iso was ok since the boot device was a file but
>>> now
>>> trying to boot from the rbd neither the hvmbuilder or pygrub can
>>> start
>>> as they treat the first value after target= as the /dev node to try
>>> and
>>> use.
>>
>> Yes, this is known problem which I'm trying to solve with this
>> series:
>>
>> http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-12/msg01753.html
>
> If these will apply on 4.2.1 then would you like any help testing these
> patches? I can also try writing a block-rbd script with a similar
> structure to the iscsi one that you propose in 10/10.

Haven't tried applying them to 4.2.1 but there hasn't been changes in
the device handling code since the release, so I would say that you
should be able to apply them without much problem.

If you prefer I can also publish the patches as a branch in my local git
repo, so you can fetch them easily (that will be based on top of -unstable)