Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] Problemi using vif-route script

I'm ccing xen-devel and Roger since he's been looking at the hotplug
stuff.

On Thu, 2013-01-24 at 16:13 +0000, Ulf Kreutzberg wrote:
> It seems that
> 1) in xl.conf you cannot pass a parameter to vif-route like
> vifscript="vif-route netdev=bond0" any more,
> as /etc/xen/scripts/vif-route netdev=bond0 cannot be executed (error in
> xl log). I could workaround that...

I didn't realise this was a feature of the old stuff, but yes I can now
see that tools/hotplug/Linux/vif-common.sh:dom0_ip() expects
netdev=<foo> to have been passed as a parameter to the script.

This something we should fix in the libxl layer I think. In the meantime
the obvious workaround would be to create vif-route-bond0 as a simple
wrapper around vif-route.

> 2) from domU config:
> vif = [ 'mac=de:ad:a:1e:42:3,ip=10.3.2.3',
>         'mac=ba:cc:7f:0:4:1,bridge=backupbr0,script=vif-bridge']
>
> The IP is not parsed so the ${ip} variable in the xen scripts is empty.

ip should be parsed and written to xenstore -- do you see it there (in
the backend dir)? I can see the code which reads it in the hotplug
script.

> If this is not a (known) bug or a general issue, I will provide some
> logs (xen-hotplug.log or verbose vif-route etc).

If the IP address is in xenstore then more verbose vif-route output
would be useful. I usually do

exec 1>>/tmp/vif-hotplug.log
exec 2>&1
set -x