Re: [Xen-devel] printk calls in xen-blkback/blkback.c not appearing

Please don't top post.

On Tue, 2013-01-29 at 19:09 +0000, Misiu Godfrey wrote:
> The modifications I am working on relate to any hard drive disk
> accesses from DomUs, not just raw ones. It seems, from your comments,
> that I might have been mistaken in assuming that blkback was a common
> interface for this.

I'm afraid not, there are several block backends with different feature
sets, blkback is just one.

When I said "raw" I was referring to the fact that the blkback backend
only operates on "raw" block devices in the dom0, this is transparent to
the frontend. (I'm not sure what you mean by "raw" above but it seems to
not be the same thing).

>   Is there a common interface that all DomU disk
> I/O requests need to pass through or am I better off modifying each
> driver separately?

You will need to modify whichever backend the particular domU disk is
actually using. There is no common interface other than the ring
protocol which all backends speak to the frontend.

Ian.