Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 15401: regressions - FAIL

>>> On 04.02.13 at 15:22, Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ian Campbell writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 15401: regressions
> -
> FAIL"):

>> > Wouldn't that set us up for the same problem again when the next
>> > testing round fails here again?
>>
>> Yes, that's true.
>
> No.  Because the problem is essentially a fluke pass, not a fluke
> fail.

I'm not sure - previously, iirc, we had inconsistent successes and
failures of this test (and I think another one or two). Now we
appear to have run into a consistent failure state, so something
must have changed.

Luckily there is an indication from Olaf that rather than reverting,
applying the remaining pieces of the broken up RTC emulation
changes (which I didn't post formally yet, mainly in the hope to
get a push first, considering that these bits were what originally
caused regressions when applied as a single monolithic change -
and with a bug fixed only after I split things apart - late in the
4.2 cycle) unbreaks what he reported broken.

I could certainly post that patch right away, but I'd like to give
it a little more time to see whether Olaf can confirm his initial
findings, and because with that I'm less certain that the test
failure really is to be attributed to the RTC emulation changes
at all.

Jan