Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] how to use sctp during live migration of vm with xen

Please do not cross post,
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Asking_Xen_Devel_Questions and
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Users_Netiquette both ask you not to.

Since this is a users question I've moved devel to Bcc

On Fri, 2013-02-01 at 14:18 +0000, digvijay chauhan wrote:
>          I want to carry out the performance analysis of transport
> protocol i.e sctp so how can we achieve it.Instead of using tcp if we
> have to use sctp how to do that?

The xl migrate command takes a -s option which specifies the command to
run to connect to the target, the default is to use ssh but you can
supply any script you like.

The script should take its stdin/stdout and connect them, via whatever
means, to the stdin/stdout of "xl migrate-receive" running on the remote
host.

So you just need to arrange for "whatever means" to mean SCTP. If you
have a netcat type utility for SCTP then it ought to be relatively
straightforward.

Ian.