Re: [Xen-devel] resume from S3 sleep not working in Dom0 - Xen4.2.1

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 5:11 AM, Tomasz Wroblewski
<tomasz.wroblewski@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Hm, that is suspect. There should not be any cpuidle_register? Perhaps
>> you are .. ah yes, you are hitting a bug that should be in the stable
>> tree fix.
>>
>> Here is the git commit b88a634a903d9670aa5f2f785aa890628ce0dece and
>> 6f8c2e7933679f54b6478945dc72e59ef9a3d5e0
>>

> Thanks Konrad. I've tried your patches, and whilst I have not seen this
> crash in cpuidle_register anymore, the others are still present (in
> build_schedule_domains for example).

That looks familiar too. I think it got fixed in the upstream kernel
and it was a generic bug - but I can't recall which commit it was.

> I've stumbled on a bit of interesting info - using dom0_vcpus_pin on xen
> commandline stops both the xen scheduler and dom0 kernel crashing and all
> works fine - made dozens of succesfull s3 attempts. Was wondering if you
> guys had any thoughts on this? Is the dom0 kernel even supposed to cope
> during s3 in non dom0 vcpu pin case?

No that is something new. Is this only an issue on Intel boxes but not AMD?