Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.2.1 boot failure with IOMMU enabled

>>> On 13.02.13 at 19:21, povder <povder@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't see 06:00.1 device in IOMMU enabling process on which Xen crashes.
>
> lspci output: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=3wpKPQT9

This is really odd: The "iommu=debug" output you made available
shows that while there are further devices that have no associated
IOMMU, the bus scan done in the hypervisor didn't even find a
device at 06:00.1. Which I see possible only in two ways: Either
the device becomes visible on the bus only when the driver for
06:00.0 loads (and is otherwise detectable only by other means,
e.g. ACPI), or 06:00.0 doesn't have the multi function device flag
properly set. That latter aspect could be checked by looking at
the raw (hex) config space dump of 06:00.0.

Boris, one other thought I had in this context: Is it really possible
for functions on the same (non-bridge) device to be serviced
by different IOMMUs? If not, find_iommu_for_device() could simply
look for function 0 if nothing is known about the passed in function.

Jan