Re: [Xen-devel] netback Oops then xenwatch stuck in D state

>>> On 14.02.13 at 13:13, Wei Liu <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-02-14 at 11:48 +0000, Jan Beulich wrote:
>> I don't think this patch will fix his problems, which - as described
>> yesterday - I'm relatively certain result from the harsh action
>> netbk_fatal_tx_err() does.
>
> Yes, having this one only is not enough. It will need to either disable
> the vif timer or check vif->netbk != NULL inside timer callback.

I continue to be unclear what timer you refer to.

If we keep the carrier-off in fatal_tx_err, then _all_
asynchronously callable interfaces need to check whether the
vif -> netbk association went away. But, especially in the
context of using tasklets instead of kthreads, I meanwhile
think that simply setting a flag (along with turning off the IRQ)
would be better (and keep the turning off of the carrier the way
it had been done before. The flag would basically need checking
anywhere we look at the shared ring (which ought to be very
few places), and perhaps should also cause xenvif_schedulable()
to return false.

Jan