Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-4.1-testing test] 16753: regressions - FAIL

xen.org writes ("[xen-4.1-testing test] 16753: regressions - FAIL"):
> flight 16753 xen-4.1-testing real [real]
> http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~xensrcts/logs/16753/
>
> Regressions :-(
>
> Tests which did not succeed and are blocking,
> including tests which could not be run:
>  build-amd64-oldkern           4 xen-build             fail REGR. vs. 16678

This is the "connection reset by peer" problem cloning
linux-2.6.18.hg, again.  I have just tried this command in a shell
window and it did this, taking just under half an hour:

$ hg clone http://xenbits.xen.org/linux-2.6.18-xen.hg
destination directory: linux-2.6.18-xen.hg
requesting all changes
adding changesets
adding manifests
adding file changes
transaction abort!
rollback completed
abort: Connection reset by peer
$

I attached strace to it just before it failed:

  Process 12756 attached - interrupt to quit
  recv(3, ^C <unfinished ...>
  Process 12756 detached

There is NAT between the build host (and my workstation) and xenbits.
So I think what is happening is that the transfer is stalling for some
reason and then eventually it falls out of the NAT table and one gets
ECONNRESET.

Ian.