[Xen-devel] [xen-devel] Live migration with disk image

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: ææå <Arthur Chunqi Li> <yzt356@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 12:16:10 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 04:16:32 +0000

Hi all,
I find an interesting thing which confused me for a long time. Until the latest version, live migration can only be used with remote storage such as NFS. I wonder why live migration with local VM image fails to be added to Xen in these years since live migration is supported for a very long time? Are there any technical or industrial concerns about it? If live migration can't be used with local image, it will be limited used in many clouds.

Thanks,
Arthur

--
Arthur Chunqi Li