Re: [Xen-devel] GPU passthrough issue when VM is configured with 4G memory

Yes, QEMU-upstream doesn't have VGA pass-through. We just assign GPU as
a common pci device to VM, and it can work after loading driver.

> > If we configure VM memory with 3G, GPU pass-through works well.
> >

> Right..

> passthrough
> guest
> > > will
> relocate RAM that
> VM memory
> > > is
> PCI space
> > > in
> this issue
> > > is

> > > check
> the last
> > > 256M

> > > I assume with Xen 4.1.2 you're using qemu-traditional.. ?
> >
> >  Yes, we tried Xen 4.1.2 with qemu-traditional.
> >

> > > Try using qemu-traditional also with xen-unstable.
> > >

> > OK, we will have a try. But seems it's not qemu's problem, we can
> make GPU pass-through succeed if we didn't do
> > XENMAPSPACE_gmfn_range hypercall in pci_setup() with 4G memory.
> >

> Yep. Please send patches when you figure it out!

We found GPU pass-through worked if using qemu-traditional. So it looks
there is some relationship between XENMAPSPACE_gmfn_range hypercall and
qemu. In addition, we found it's fine to assign GPU to Win7 32bit guest
 with 4G memory.

--Weidong