Re: [Xen-devel] xl PVUSB pass-through

On Wed, Mar 06, 2013 at 10:59:26AM -0500, Stefan wrote:
>    Good Morning:
>
>    Our Xen clusters depend heavily on that feature. The lack of it prevents
>    us from transitioning to the new toolstack. Currently we use PVUSB to
>    attach a USB Smartcard reader through our dom0 (SLES 11 SP1) running on an
>    HP Blade Server with the Token mounted on an internal USB Port to our domU
>    CA server (SLES 11)
>
>    I'd like to know how likely it is to make it to the next release. Does
>    anyone have a solution that doesn't require PVUSB? I'd like to give a hand
>    if that can help making PVUSB part of Xen 4.3.

Help with PVUSB support would be very much welcome!

These are the things missing for PVUSB support:

- PVUSB frontend/backend driver cleanup and upstreaming to Linux.
- xl/libxl support for PVUSB.

The drivers probably require more work, and the xl/libxl support is the easier
one.
You can find the the pvusb drivers ported to pvops 3.x kernels from Konrad's
git repo.

-- Pasi