Re: [Xen-devel] Latest Xen on ARM Fast Models

On Sun, 2013-03-10 at 17:50 +0000, Sander Bogaert wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Thanks for this. I updated FastModels to the latest version and
> everything boots now ( also pulled in some commits in linux & xen so
> might be those ).
>

> Quick last question; I use a debianhf filesystem and pass it to the
> model_shell with this argument:
> ... -C motherboard.mmc.p_mmc_file=../../../../source/disk.img
>

> The device-tree is unmodified so the kernel argument is
> root=/dev/mmcblk0. I also tried /dev/mmcblk0p2 because I read this in
> a Linaro FastModels guide.

The right answer here depends on whether disk.img contains a partition
table or not and which partition contains the actual filesystem. If
disk.img has no partition table then "mmcblk0" is correct. If it does
have a partition table then "mmcblk0p<N>" is correct where <N> is the
partition number. IIRC the kernel prints out the partitions as it
discovers them, or you can investigate with fdisk in the host.

You should also check that your kernel includes the relevant filesystem.

Ian.