Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.3 development update, 18 March

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 12:13:40PM +0000, George Dunlap wrote:
> This information will be mirrored on the Xen 4.3 Roadmap wiki page:
>  http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Roadmap/4.3
>
> A couple of notes:
>
> - I have updated the timeline to include a description of my proposed
> criteria for accepting patches going forward.  Feedback is welcome.
>
> - As we focus on getting a release for the 4.3 codebase, I have
> removed items from the list that are either "not for 4.3" or are
> purely external (e.g., Linux kernel or libvirt).

As I saw you have removed "Xen EFI feature: Xen can boot from grub.efi".
I am working on it and now I am able to boot Xen with upstream kernel
without any changes in Xen or even in Linux Kernel. I have found workaround
(chainloader + fakebios) which works quite nice but I have not done more
tests yet. I am aware that this is not a final solution. Now I am checking
how to boot all stuff without fakebios. Later I will check is it possible
to use old good multiboot or multiboot2. It will be nice to know how this
feature is important for us in upcoming 4.3 release. Or we are going to move
this to 4.4 or apply EFI grub stuff to 4.3 as maintenance release.

Daniel