Re: [Xen-devel] LVTPC masking in Intel VPMU code

  • To: Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Shan, Haitao" <haitao.shan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 09:12:07 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Cc: Boris Ostrovsky <boris.ostrovsky@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 11:10:51 +0000

Hi, Jan,

This is a pretty old code. :) I did not copy or borrow the oprofile and perf
code at all. Thus, I am not aware of the quirk. (Actually, I don't know what
quirk you mean).
For Xen's PMI handler, I just unmask the source and deliver a virtual one. Here
in this code, I see I unmasked the physical one and mask the virtual LVTPC.

Can you tell me more about the oprofile/perf background?

Shan Haitao